Random Encounter Log: 1 | PANCIT

 


Pancit is a staple Filipino food that you often see in feast and celebrations. It is consist of stir-fried noodles with meat and vegetables.


That was our breakfast last Saturday that I bought in a nearby eatery in our new place. It was a huge serving good for more than two people so I kept the left over in a food container to bring it home in Cavite.


Life lately has been juggle from city to outskirts. Weekend is reserved to be spend in Cavite. I brought my remaining laundry and put it in a tote bag. I set the food container at the top since there still space left on it.


While waiting for my brother to pick us up in Mall of Asia, Erick and I decided to have late lunch at KFC. We seated al fresco and let the bag seated next to me. Maybe I enjoyed the twister a lot that when we leave, I forgot my laundry bag (together with my pancit)


I was so talkative the whole trip until we have reached our house.


We’re talking about why my dog was able to sneak out our gate then suddenly my dad said our neighbor handed a pancit for them and that’s the time my dog ran away.


Speaking of pancit I remembered my take home pancit from earlier. It crossed my mind that the bag was not with me anymore since we arrived. I checked my room and the car but it is nowhere to be found. Then I realized, I left it in KFC.


It’s just a left over pancit and laundry anyway. No gold, jewelries, money or any expensive and importante item. But…NO.


My favorite new pants gifted by boyfriend was in there plus the tote bag is an event special giveaway from (Sfera) which I could no longer have anymore. A small thing to others but a big thing for me.


On Sunday afternoon before we go straight back to our new apartment. Erick and I tried our luck to check if KFC kept the bag. As Erick says, faith in humanity restored if no one picked up the bag.


Me to KFC crew: Miss, do you have lost and found here?

Crew: Ano pong item naiwan at kailan? (what’s the item and when it was left?)

M: Yesterday lang po around 4PM. Tote bag lang sya. (Just yesterday around 4PM, It’s just a tote bag)

C: Check ko po ma’am  (I’ll check it ma’am)


She went inside the staff room and go back to us.


C: Ma’am ano pong laman? (Ma'am what's inside the bag?)

M: just laundry clothes.

C: okay po (went back inside)

C: Ma’am ano pa po? (What else?)

Me and Erick: PANCIT! (we burst it out with excitement since we felt like they kept the bag we're looking for)

C: (laughed) CONFIRMED MA’AM SAYO NGA WALANG DUDA. CONGRATULATIONS

(No doubt, confirmed it is really yours ma’am congratulations!)



Erick and I was so happy with this little encounter. Never thought I could still able to get it back since mall of Asia is so crowded, people who saw it might get it or throw it away since it was just left outside dining. The KFC- MOA crew are very nice to accommodate my concern.


It was my fault that I’m unmindful and unintentionally, always forgot things but thankful for kind people who make things a little lighter for me.

I still have my favorite pants and tote bag. I threw away the spoiled pancit.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.