Random Encounter Log: 3 | BORN PINK!


As I reflect in life, I knew I am not a good person making it difficult for me to believe that I deserve to enjoy life’s pleasures. I’m in the late twenties and treating myself is not a priority because It’s always responsibilities over wants, an inner struggle for a breadwinner. But to be honest, there are a lot of moments when I want to break free from this mindset and allow myself too to enjoy simple life pleasures.


Recently, My friend and I decided to meet up after work in Makati, where our offices were just a stone’s throw away from each other. We search for a cozy coffee shop that would soothe our souls, but our quest for a hidden gem failed and we ended up in a Starbucks Reserve. It was funny that we only planned to catch up for an hour and the Starbucks staff informed  us that they were about to close in an hour too.


While having our usual life conversation she suddenly open up about blocking my March 25 for her. I have no idea what it’s all about. I keep on asking her what we are going to do or where are we going which eventually led her burst the secret because of my endless annoying questions.


SHE GOT ME A TICKET FOR BORN PINK: WORLD TOUR MNL!


I did not expected this. I’m surprised that my friend bought me a free ticket for the Blackpink Concert so I could join her and her twin siblings. Overwhelmed with the surprise, I almost cried. I will finally see them perform live. Though I was aware of the concert, I had resigned myself to the fact that it wasn’t within my financial means. However, now that I know I’ll be attending, I still feel like I’m floating on cloud nine…in pink.


This is my first time to go beyond lowkey fangirl life. I’ve realized that owning a K-Pop group official merchandise is a must especially during concert. Sadly, I don’t own any merchandise. I don’t have the official blackpink lightstick. After checking my financial situation If I can insert to buy hammerbong in the budget. It’s evident that buying one is not feasible at the moment.


With only two weeks left before the concert, I’ve been continuously mentioning to my boyfriend that I want to get my hands on a hammerbong. However, I’m hesitant to splurge on it, given that I still have to think about my daily expenses. During our conversation, things got serious and I said that its nothing but a luxury item. Though my boyfriend agreed with me, He pointed out that I will never be young again to experience this kind of event. His words have only fueled my desire even more.


A week before the concert, I made a bad joke that caused my boyfriend to feel a bit down and he remained sulky throughout our trip from home to the apartment. The moment we stepped into our small abode, he gave me an envelope and told me that the money inside is intended budget for me to buy Blackpink lighstick. I was surprised that he had been planning to buy me one all along. He even went to the trouble of contacting various shops that had lightsticks on stock and research on the differences between version 1 and version 2. He promptly provided me with the contact details of the shop that had the lighstick in stock and arranged for it to be delivered that very night.


Again, I bought my concert outfit from a thrift shop, and it only cost me a total of 200 pesos for both the top and bottom.


Like I’ve said, I’m not considering myself a good person and to receive surprises or to be spoiled by. But I am blessed and truly grateful that I have the right people who see my worth and understand what I deserve. 


I'm tickling in pink because of the kindness shown to me by people I love. 


My heart is full. I’m all set for the concert tomorrow.

 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am happy that you are surrounded by generous and loving people! I'm sure they are excited and happy for you and I can't wait to hear your concert experience!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.