Random Encounter Log: 2 | Thigh Part


I recently change career and back to zero. At the same moment, my financial state is also a big ZERO. I’ve been thrifting myself in everything since I’m paying now my own rental, bills and daily allowances. I am no longer a work from home slave but now a city pauper. 
Last night, while heading home, I indulged in some window-shopping at a thrifty store (ukay-ukay). I spotted a few lovely neutral dresses that would have been a wonderful addition to my wardrobe. Unfortunately, I had to resist the temptation since they were beyond my budget. I’ve been denying myself some of the things I desire for quite some time now. Although purchasing both dresses would have only cost me three hundred fifty pesos, I could not bring myself to part with that amount at the counter. 

 I purchased one dress that cost one hundred pesos. 

 As I wait for Erick, I find myself feeling sorry for my current financial situation of barely making ends meet. Before heading home, we made a quick stop at a nearby mall to purchase some groceries. Although I typically prefer to shop at a public market to save money, Erick who is a food enthusiast prefers to opt higher quality purchases. I told him, I can’t share for the groceries at the moment since I have no money left. To my surprise, the first item he place in our cart was a packed of chicken thighs. (He only eats chicken breast part as of the moment for health purposes. We are eating the same meat part for a while and he knew how much I love thigh part than white meats) I really appreciate how he thinks of me even in small things. 

 This small gesture eased my self-pity. It made me realize how fortunate I am to have a partner who pays attention to the little things that matter to me. Appreciating small gestures can have a big impact. It’s the little things that often mean the most.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.