BORN PINK in MANILA

4/27/2023

I could die in this moment...FOREVER YOUNG.

I will never be in my twenties again. If I could stop the moment, I will stay right here and do my best to experience ALL the things that will surely make my inner child happy.

~

It's been a month of Born Pink World Tour Manila and yet the memory still feels surreal. It was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life! I indeed tasted the pink venom and knew it will forever in me.

I had an amazing night at the Born Pink World Tour Manila. It’s always a special feeling to see your favorite artists perform live. It was a proud tita moment for me knowing that the group I Stan to was able to perform a two days sold out concert in the Philippine Arena, the world’s largest indoor arena located in Bulacan.

I'm glad that I have to share this moment with my College bestie and her twin siblings. 


Round Trip Travel | Manila to Bulacan


We purchased exclusive bus tickets for concert attendees from SM Tickets, costing PHP 450.00 each for round trip travel. One-way tickets are not available. The bus has two pickup locations: Ventris and Mall of Asia. The trip was a pleasant and hassle-free experience, reminiscent of a field trip with fellow blinks. The bus attendants were accommodating and provided helpful guidance, even go extra mile to ask permission if we could be dropped off closer to the arena due to the intense midday heat. However, we had to walk a far distance from the arena to the bus location after concert, as it is how it is.



Waiting Time


At around 10AM, we reached the venue and headed straight to the sports stadium section where various Blackpink-related events were taking place. There are games and areas for Blackpink Photo op. Also, we had to purchase official merchandise which is the Blackpink lightstick for the twins. there were food stalls scattered around the stadium area, you will never be hungry  and free water was readily available. The only inconvenience we encountered was the limited availability of restrooms, which required us to wait in a long line to gain access. But the positive side was that the restrooms were air-conditioned! So it’s also good for us so we can rest a bit from the heat straight from the sun. 




6 Hours Before the Concert


We join the line for upperbox tickets to minimize future inconvenience and stress. Now I understand and appreciate  the dedication and perseverance of fans in their pursuit of seeing their idols. We waited for hours for the line to move in, so to avoid boredom, I walked around with one of the twins to check unofficial merchandise from local vendors. Fortunately, some fandoms surprise giving concert souvenirs, so it's important to stay alert so you can secure one.


3 Hours Before the Concert

At precisely 4 PM, the queue began to move. As the throng made their way into the arena, we were treated to a pleasant surprise from fandoms, including an aircraft carrying a sign that read "PH welcomes the great Lalisa" circling over the Philippine Arena. Despite the scorching heat, all BLINKS remained lively and energetic.



2 Hours Before the Concert


As we waited for the gates to open for our designated seats, we had a great view of Bulacan from the upper level. The sun was setting, signaling that we were only a few hours away from finally seeing Blackpink. This was my first time attending such a huge concert, as I am typically a lowkey fan girl who rarely do fan girl activities. From the top, we could also see a massive crowd still outside, patiently waiting for their turn to enter.

Although there were food stalls inside the venue, the lines were long. Fortunately, we had packed our own lunch, which I had made (kimbap) and enjoyed it outside. We also purchased a bread from one of the stalls for only PHP 50.00, but it tasted expensive and was surprisingly good. It's worth noting that outside food is not allowed inside the venue only if purchased from the stalls inside.




1 Hour before the Concert


I am finding it hard to believe that we are only a few minutes away from finally partying with the world's famous K-pop group, Blackpink! The excitement within me is building up so much that I can't contain it any longer. Blackpink's well-known songs are playing loudly throughout the arena while their music videos are being displayed on the big screen. All the Blinks are singing their hearts out while eagerly waiting for Jennie, Lisa, Rose, and Jisoo to finally step on the stage and perform.



Finally BLACK PINK IN YOUR AREA!


Even though I was situated far from the stage, being called a "star" by Jennie felt like a dream come true. Blackpink were amazed that blinks filled the entire arena, She appreciate how the upperbox seats looked like stars in the sky from the stage. Jennie's reaction was priceless when she started singing Tally and all Filo-blinks memorized the song by heart. (It is our anthem) I lost my voice for a week after the concert because I was shouting, singing along, and dancing to their music the entire time.



The Filo-blinks surprised blackpink with colored oceans dedicated for each member as they performed their solo tracks. Jennie was incredibly charismatic and embodied the true persona of YG. Lisa hyped up the Blinks with her live rap and impressive dance moves, making her truly the greatest Lalisa. Rose, my bias wrecker really owned the stage. She ate it!!! Finally, Jisoo was the cutest performer on stage, and it was evident that she enjoyed every single bit of their performances.

I am now more hopeful to experience VIP in the future. 


I wish I had been able to experience these things when I was younger. I regret not always choosing happiness for myself and denying myself the simple pleasures that bring me joy. Despite working for almost ten years, I haven't treated myself very often. Even this concert was not something I gave to myself. Moving forward, I intend to prioritize myself more because it's the experiences that make life worth living. 

While it may sound cliché, it's important to always treat yourself and reward yourself for your hard work. 💗





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.