Weekend Story + Happiness Hang Over

11/14/2022

Here I am still stuck with the fast forwarded weekend. I just slept a little and monday welcomed itself again. Its verifiable that when you're in happy moments, it seems time is in 2x speed. We did a mall walking, few shopping for our out of town needs next weekend, coffee date at Mark & Spencer and genki sushi date. We took a rest in a space behind bushes in the mall outdoor walkway and thats my most-liked on our day. Sitting next to my favorite person, watching people passing by, talking over our style preferences, finding out that both of us have a long scar in our right leg from childhood clumsiness and laughing out loud how competitive I am about who got a deeper wound from that scar. 

Then he told some things about his work and explain processes. I am satisfied how my love speaks about his job. The pride and fulfillment he conveyed when he's telling me every detail on how things work in his profession. There's peace and contentment when you're really happy with your career. I'm not in that kind of position yet but it's a proud girlfriend moment for me and always will be.

We've been craving salmon sashimi for a long time and to justify the expenses, we deserved it. No more narrative justification. We ordered salmon miso soup, cheese salmon croquette, hana sushi, seared grilled river eel nigiri, Salmon Set and fried salmon cheese roll. It was really a pleasing day! 


I'm not sad but I just feel empty while I'm on my way home. The thoughts of stress and disatisfaction with my career creep into my mind again. I'm tired out for the past years. It was still in the head when I took night shower and prepared myself to sleep. It kept me wide awake until 4am. But I think my love can feel me even without any words from me because he suddenlt sent me a message "bawi ka na lang next year, makakahanap ka na desire work mo" and I cried. 

And that's why I hate being too happy sometimes. Because their is happiness hang over. It shows you back that reality is gray in color. A consequence of pleasure maybe. 

Until I woke up the next morning and need to send out my recent paycheck to where it dues and belong. In the scorching hot middle time of Monday, I was able to pay our water bill and house loan in the bank. Exhaustedly went home and saw the small envelope peeping out in our gate. Chills in me, an electricity disconnection notice. Another disappointment was I submitted my leave request earlier this month and finding out I wasn't on the approved list. Should I just submit a resignation letter instead? I feel so down early for this week.  

Haayyy Monday. 


2 comments:

  1. Loved your outfit and the genki sushi date! I know you're in a tough situation right now, but I hope you keep on blogging to express your thoughts and feelings! Looking forward to more blog posts from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thank you injeolmi for keeping the support and all the love! wish I could hug you r n.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.